Jammu and Kashmir. truly a heaven on Earth. The main tourist attraction of Jammu and Kashmir is Srinagar. It is surrounded with various valleys namely the Kashmir, Chenab, Lidder and Sindh valley. It is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing places in India. Every year, it attracts the most number of tourists and visitors from all over the country.
Jammu and Kashmir is known as the “Paradise On Earth”. This is because of its widespread beauty and pleasant environment. It is now a union territory of India and is situated in the Himalayan mountains. Kashmir is famous for its unique culture. People are so kind and humble and nobody refuses to help the visitors. There are many tourist attractions in this land of beauty.
1. Srinagar: Srinagar is the main city in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It is famous for it’s Dal Lake. Dal Lake is the main tourist attraction in Srinagar. It also provides the tourist an opportunity to stay at the famous Houseboats. One can enjoy their stay in the floating houses. Dal Lake even has a floating market. You can shop for the famous things originally crafted in Kashmir like the Pashmina shawls. You can also get yourself photographed in traditional attire. It is really a relaxing period of time if you decide to experience the houseboats. Just opposite Dal Lake, you can find many restaurants and hotels which you can try for Kashmiri cuisine. In Srinagar, another main attraction is the Mughal Garden. It is built so beautifully and contains beautiful small forts known as Gumbaz with their unique and historical architecture.
2. Gulmarg: The place with the largest Gondolas or also known as cable cars. You have to sit in the cable cars which take you to the hill of the mountain amidst the snow. It is a beautiful experience. You can enjoy the entire view from the top just by sitting in the Gondolas. During the ropeway journey, you can witness the dense forest of the Himalayas and the splendid white view of the snow. It is also one of the main tourist attractions of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. Sonmarg: Sonmarg just like Gulmarg is a great place covered with snow. It is situated in the Sindh valley. All the mountains here are covered with snow and is definitely an eye-catcher. The path to Sonmarg is quite a difficult journey but the danger is all worth it.
4. Pehelgam: Pehelgam is another small hill station in Jammu and Kashmir. It is the starting point of the great and famous Amarnath Yatra. It is a mesmerising place with the serene backdrop of snow-covered mountains. It is a famous trekking point and consist of some small valleys. You can even hire a horse to go on the top of the mountain for some of the tourist points. It is a calm and peaceful place and is definitely one of the most loved tourist places in the state.
5. Katra: Katra is a small town near Jammu which has the famous and holy shrine, the Vaishno Devi temple. The temple is of three goddesses namely Mahadevi, Mahakali and Mahasaraswati. It is one of the most visited temples in India.
6. There are many other tourist spots in various valleys in Jammu and Kashmir. Some of them are Pari Mahal, Shankaracharya Temple, Nishant Garden, Patnitop, Bhimgarg Fort, etc.
This place truly gives you the best traveling experience of your life. Such simple living, such lifestyle, and such beauty around you cannot experience anywhere else. It is best to visit Jammu and Kashmir in the month of April, May, and June as it is never hot there. The pleasant weather will make your trip a beautiful one. I guarantee, you will hope that you never get back from there!!